VERMONT GAINS -
Support the US Gains Tour to help Battle of the Gains motivate communities around America and especially Vermont!
50 Fun facts about Vermont:
- Vermont was the first state admitted to the Union after the ratification of the Constitution.
- With a population of fewer than nine thousand people, Montpelier, Vermont is the smallest state capital in the U.S.
- Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.
- In ratio of cows to people, Vermont has the greatest number of dairy cows in the country.
- Montpelier, Is the largest producer of maple syrup in the U.S.
- Vermont’s largest employer isn’t Ben and Jerry’s, it’s IBM.
- Until recently, the only way a Vermonter could get a drivers license with their photo on it was to drive to Montpelier.
- Vermont was, at various times, claimed by both New Hampshire and New York.
- Until 1996, Vermont was the only state without a Wal-Mart.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream company gives their ice cream waste to the local Vermont farmers who use it to feed their hogs. The hogs seem to like all of the flavors except Mint Oreo.
- Rudyard Kipling, living in Vermont in the 1890’s invented the game of snow golf.
- Vermont does not sell alcohol to out of state licenses, you must have a liquor ID in order to purchase alcohol at liquor stores and grocery stores. This doesn’t apply to bars, but can affect those traveling through the state.
- U.S. President Calvin Coolidge was the only president born on the fourth of July. Born in Plymouth 7/4/1872.
- Vermont’s state capitol building is one of only a few to have a gold dome. Atop the dome is a statue of Ceres.
Thanks for reading! If you live in Vermont know someone who lives in Vermont or even just like Vermont - get your first own #VermontGains Jersey today! Comfortable and light, this premium fitted short sleeve is a classic choice. High quality Vermont ains print adds a statement to one's workout or everyday routine.
.: 100% combed ringspun cotton (fiber content may vary for different colors)
.: Light fabric (4.3 oz/yd² (146 g/m²))
.: Premium fit
.: Tear away label
.: Runs bigger than usual